PS5 and Xbox Series X :The release of DARQ on PC went down pretty well, the game having gathered huge amount of extremely positive Stream reviews since it debuted, back in August 2019 via the PC. This was followed up with two bits of DLC, which have been thrown together alongside the game to get a completely new “complete” edition. Thus, The award-winning game DARQ celebrates its first birthday with a new publisher, a Complete Edition coming soon to next and current-gen consoles and brand-new free DLC “The Crypt” for all platforms
Feardemic,, a subsidiary of Bloober Team, and Unfold Games recently concluded a publishing deal that will see them deliver DARQ to consoles by the end of 2020. DARQ: Complete Edition will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X, PS5, and Switch. Both Feardemic and Unfold Games are working toward a Dec. 2020 rollout of the console versions. The publisher also has plans to bring DARQ: Complete Edition to new distribution channels via physical console releases in early 2021, , though for the moment it’s unclear how extensive this retail run will be.
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who finds himself in the middle of a lucid nightmare. Unable to wake up, Lloyd has to face his fears and decipher the meaning of the dream. He learns to control the dream by bending the laws of physics, manipulating the environment in the most unexpected ways, and solving puzzles that defy the rules of logic.
Some of the game’s accolades include:
- DARQ was one of the top 10 most upvoted titles on Steam Greenlight.
- It was also in the top 50 most wishlisted games on Steam.
- DARQ has become the #42 Most Shared PC Video Game of 2019, according to Metacritic.
- The game became a viral sensation due to its innovative art style and unique engagement with fans through multiple social media platforms.
- DARQ landed on the front page of Reddit multiple times. One particular post garnered more than 191,000 upvotes, making it one of the most upvoted posts in the history of the platform.
- On the launch day, the game was immediately listed on the Steam’s New and Trending, Top Selling, and Featured and Recommended tabs.
- DARQ was nominated for and has won a spectacular number of industry awards (Best Game Award at MIX / PAX West, Best Adventure Game and Best Video Game Music at Chainsaw Festival, Best Sound Firestarter Award at Game Audio Awards, Best Sound Design at MUSIC+SOUND Awards, Best Cover Art at Dreamhack Festival, and others).
The game’s official pitch continues: “Apart from gravity-defying puzzles, Lloyd will have to use stealth when nearby enemies. He has no chance of winning in an open confrontation, since the creatures he will encounter are much more powerful and faster than him. Instead, he has to rely on careful planning to avoid getting detected.”
Hence, the launch of the game on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch is therefore hugely anticipated by fans and fellow gamers.
Like what you read? Then stay hooked onto this page for more!